Oxford Global Languages: Hindi and/or Urdu Language Champions
Oxford Global Languages (OGL) is a major initiative from Oxford Dictionaries to build resources for 100 languages and make them available online.
These are online spaces where language lovers and learners are able to freely access lexical and other language resources.
We are looking for enthusiastic Hindi and/or Urdu speakers to provide advice, promote the dictionaries, and produce language content.
We call these external advisers our Language Champions (LCs), and they voluntarily get involved in a number of aspects:
- Provide advice and feedback for the dictionary sites
- Write and review content (grammar articles, cultural pieces, blog posts, quizzes, etc)
- Take part in producing content for other media (podcasts, webinars, recordings, etc)
- Promote the programme by reaching out to relevant organisations and individuals
Each individual should only get involved in areas that are of interest to them. All training and support will be provided, and expenses paid when necessary.
The volunteers will be formally recognized as part of Oxford Global Languages, and will receive a certificate detailing their participation.
We are looking for volunteers with a varied array of skills:
- Language skills: writing, proofreading and translating
- Academic expertise in language-related disciplines
The volunteers can participate as much or as little as they wish, and may continue to get involved for as long as they enjoy the activities and they suit their available time.
This will suit academics, graduate or post-graduate students of language-related programmes, and language professionals and enthusiasts who would like to be part of the Oxford Global Languages project.
If you are interested, please get in touch and we can have an informal chat about the roles. For Urdu, we are particularly looking for people based in India as we already have some LCs based in Pakistan (however, if you are in Pakistan, do get in touch too!).
The Oxford Global Languages team